Three Fall Favorites

Pumpkin Patch
As a staple activity every year, the pumpkin patch at Burke Nursery offers fun ways to spend the day for the whole family. Upon entering, there is a farmers’ market which contains species of edible pumpkins, apples and produce for sale. Take a hayride around the property for free and enjoy the beautiful weather. On your way out, grab a full size pumpkin to get ready for the fall. The Burke Nursery is roughly twenty minutes from AHS and is located at 9401 Burke Road.

Fields of Fear
If you’re looking for a spooky night adventure, Fields of Fear at Cox Farm will greatly exceed your highest expectations. Located at 15621 Braddock Road in Centerville, their fun, daytime pumpkin patch turns into a ghoulish scene at night. Activities such as the Nightmare Walk through the Cornfield of Terror, the Dark Side Hayride and the all-night bonfire are more than enough to keep you entertained for the evening.

Nature Walk
Fall is the perfect time to take a scenic stroll through all of the beautiful parks in Fairfax County. Lake Accotink Park, in particular, has spectacular views of the changing leaves. Take advantage of the crisp, cool weather and take a nature walk though the long, winding trails of the park. Lake Accotink is located at 7500 Accotink Park Road in Springfield, only five minutes down the road.