Pal around with your pets

Treat your pets

Whether you own a dog, cat, fish, parrot, lizard or any other animal, every pet deserves a little treat now and then. Check out these places below if your looking to purchase treats and toys.

New to Annandale’s Little Run Shopping center is the recently opened PETCO. This widely known chain store is a reliable place to satisfy all your pet needs. It has everything from clothes to crates and in-between. It also has a wide variety of services such as dog training, pet care, medical insurance, grooming, photography and vaccination. Make sure to check online for their pet adoption events that are typically held on Saturday mornings and are perfect to save a life and add another friend to the family.

A little further down the road in Fairfax is Petland, located near the well known Fair City shopping center. This store is known for their ready to go supply of rabbits and small dogs on display and to play with, if age 18 and older. This unique shop has been servicing animals and owners for over 35 years and certainly has the experience with all types of animals and situations. They have dedicated counselors who can even match up pets and owners.

A walk in the park

Dog parks are the perfect place to bring your dog when your looking to deviate from your ordinary walks. Some allow dogs to be let off the leash and socialize with other dogs. While the parks below do not offer this option, they provide beautiful scenery that both you and your dog will love.

Lake Accotink is one of the best and closest local parks to enjoy an afternoon with your pet. The park has a 55-acre lake offering beautiful views and trails that offer the perfect place to go running with your dog. Located in Springfield, Virginia, this neighborhood park can range from a two minute walk to a five minute drive for most people.

Burke Lake Park, located at 7315 Ox Road in Fairfax Station, Virginia, is worth the drive with a park that has a 218-acre lake with fishing and an 18-hole golf course. It includes horse shoe pits, picnic areas and, during the summer, a miniature train.