Pool bag essentials

Pool bag essentials

Don’t forget to bring these things next time you go to the pool.

1. Reusable water bottle

A person needs to drink eight cups of water a day to stay hydrated, but with the simmering summer sun it is easy to lose the fluids your body needs. Remember that even though you may be surrounded by water in the pool, your body is constantly losing water through perspiration in the heat of the summer. Drinking water frequently throughout the day will help your body sustain from fainting and feeling dizzy. And by using a reusable water bottle, you can stay hydrated while being eco-friendly.

2. Book

Sit back and relax by the poolside during breaks with a good book. By reading books over your summer break you will continue to stimulate your brain cells, allowing them to grow outside of school. Plus, if you have a summer reading assignment, reading every time you go to the will allow you to get it out of the way as opposed to procrastinating until the last minute.

3. Hat and Sunglasses

Keep your eyes shaded from harmful sun UV sun rays by wearing a hat and sunglasses. Both are easy to find in any clothing store at this time of the year, and there are several fashionable styles available. Just remember, you should buy a hat and sunglasses that protect your eyes from having to squint and potentially diminish your eyesight.

4. Suncreen

Since the sun becomes a lot stronger in the summer, apply sunscreen indoors and outdoors to protect your skin. Not only can sunscreen help you avoid getting a sunburn, but it can also help you avoid obtaining skin cancer. Just make sure that your sunscreen is strong enough to protect, but not not too strong to give you a rash. Read the bottle to see how often you should apply the sunscreen.