Flex spent exploring electives

Today during flex every student from freshmen to juniors explored the electives that the school has to offer for their schedules next year: The annual Elective Fair.

Students were allowed to go to four different sessions in order to visit four electives during the fair. Each student was given a list of all of AHS’s electives in order to plan ahead of time which electives they were interested in visiting.

Freshmen Zeinab Safi said, “I expect to learn more about theater class and more information about the electives.”

Most students take this event seriously and use it to see which classes they will potentially take next year. But, there were also those who took this time to simply socialize.

Junior Lisbeth Espinoza said, “For me, [the Elective Fair] was helpful. Sometimes, I don’t think people take this seriously.”

Whether you are serious about finding an elective or not, the event is meant to be fun. The elective classes the students visit are intended to be entertaining enough to attract students to join them.

One particular popular elective is Psychology. During the Fair’s second session, numerous students filled the Psychology room and the air quickly got thicker and hotter. As everyone was settling in, Psychology teacher Katie Gould had a power point ready for her audience. Then, she gave an alluring presentation about why the psychology elective is interesting, informative and fun. Unsurprisingly, she won many of the students’ decision to take this class.

Gould said, “It was great. I was so excited how many students came to hear about psychology. I think [the Elective Fair] is a great opportunity and skill for students to discover what their interests are and the classes at Annandale that will help them to grow.”

Hopefully after the Fair students have a greatly clarified understanding of which elective classes they intend to take next year.