Tyler The Creator

You can’t blog, tweet or download music without seeing, hearing or watching  something about music’s newest hip hop uproar OFWGKTA. Tyler, The Creator, the front man of Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All, abbreviated or better known as Odd Future is making themselves known. This group from Los Angeles, California has made a huge impact on the hip-hop scene in the past few months with their surprise appearance within the music scene and their huge win as the Best New Artist at the VMA’s in late August.

But more specifically, rapper and producer, Tyler the Creator, OFWGKTA’s ringleader has taken modern rap and hip hop in a whole different direction. Growing up in Los Angeles, California, Tyler Okonma has been working to make his way to the top even before his self-released first album, Bastard, in December of 2009 and he’s only 20 years old. With lyrics, beats and talent that no other musician today can compare to.

“Bastard,” one of many ear-catching songs featured on one of their album and also the title of Tyler’s first self-released first album, has reached the spotlight because of its outrageous “homophobic slurs” and provocative language.

Tyler is also known for using his double persona. Tyler explains, it’s “who he sees himself as” while he performs and “at times I’m two different people”. Careful to keep control over the two personas, Tyler is quickly gaining the respect of listeners everywhere.

Next week the group is kicking off   their 27 stop nationwide tour, called The Golf Wang Tour 2011; they’ll be at The Sonar in Baltimore on Monday October 21st.

Airing in 2012, the group will have a sketch comedy show called Loiter Squad featured on Adult Swim.