What to know about impressionism

This painting is a prime example of the impressionism art style widely seen in today's society.

Being unaware about impressionism is common among AHS students. What is it? Impressionism is a style of artistic painting that originated in Paris, France in the 19th-century. It was founded by artist Charles Suisse. He inspired many artist who later, created many famous paintings that people know and are inspired from today.

Impressionism consists of small and thin brush strokes and unlike many modern paintings. The colors are not mixed and the artist perception of color, strokes, patterns and lines changed during this time.

This type of painting is made in to different angles then usually seen in paintings, and movement began to be a key part to this type of art work.

Pierre-Aguste Renoir, a student of Charles Suisse, was a impressionist who had many famous paintings during this time such as, The Girl with a Hoop. Each of his paintings possessed aspects of his personality and emotions. When he was developing the paintings, he would paint among his fellow classmates in were they would share ideas.

The impressionist artist went against what was known to be classical paintings, and created a new form of art that was more freely composed, and being.