Runaway is a hit

Kanye West is well known by many for his singing, rapping, and record producing, but now for his film making too?  The very anticipated mini-movie, “Runaway,” has been released and has fans buzzing.
Runaway” is based on West’s expected album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, expected to be released late November.  The 35-minute film is centered around the romance between a man and a supernatural phoenix sent to Earth.

Director, Hype Williams and West have created an eerie short film which includes several songs featured on his upcoming album.  Kanye has previously released four hit albums, The College Dropout (2004), Late Registration (2005), Graduation (2007), 808s & Heartbreak (2008), and making My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, his fifth.

Music fans hesitant to watch because of past Taylor Swift events at the MTV Video Music Awards.  Even though he came out and apologized to Swift, fans of Kanye want nothing more than to stay away from his music and his productions.  Throughout “Runaway,” many other films have been referenced through the actions and songs of Kanye and the phoenix, such as Bambi and The Fifth Element, as well as Michael Jackson.

West has no problem with keeping in the media.  Just recently he appeared on television programs advertising for his new teeth made of diamonds and gold, as well as working with other artists to produce new top songs. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy involves the vocals from Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj and Pusha T.   The entire album is not available for the public until November 22, however Monster feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj, and Bon Iver came out as a preview several weeks before.

This is the first time an artist has made their own short film based off their own ideas and produced it relating to the almost-released album. Decide for yourself, should Kanye West be applauded for his creative new idea, or should viewers turn it off and “Runaway?”