Where is Osama bin Laden?

It has been nine years since the 9/11 attacks and the war in Iraq is over, according to Obama. But one thing remains indefinitely unsure: Where is Osama bin Laden? The last we knew, he was hiding in a series of caves in the Kandahar Province of Pakistan, but how long ago was that? One question that resonates among the American public and possibly all over the world is: Why, exactly, have we not been able to locate Osama bin Laden?

He has not been exactly quiet about his views on U.S. Foreign Policy, nor discreet about his plans for the future, even putting out videos to the world-wide public. One would expect the CIA to have either located his whereabouts or captured him by now. However, it seems as though they have been following less than reliable sources and half-heartedly searching for him.

CNN reported that a former European intelligence official has released information that the CIA has had close brushes with Osama bin Laden and his top leaders. The European Intelligence official also noted a very “reliable” source close to Al Qaeda’s top officials; however, the information was not current enough, according to Western intelligence.

How current does it need to be in order to find bin Laden? It is as if they are playing an exceedingly difficult game of Where’s Waldo. Except this time, bin Laden is not wearing red and white striped garb and standing in the middle of a large crowd.

However, it seems as though nine years is too long for Western intelligence to not catch a glimpse of, or, preferably, actually capture him.
It has been rumored that he was able to trek across Afghanistan, where 10,000 U.S. troops were deployed, without being caught.  He even met with the Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the man behind the 9/11 attacks, back in 2003, when there was heightened sensitivity and western intelligence was supposedly on high alert.

Western intelligence is playing a blind game of hide and seek with bin Laden, and despite the fact that according to the intelligence official the intelligence agency was able to map out bin Laden’s specific whereabouts, they still could not catch him.

He is using rather elementary tactics that are proving to be highly effective; his method of isolation is working in his favor.
Keeping himself surrounded by very few trusted individuals ensures that he will not get captured. We can tell that it is working because it has been nine years and counting and there is no sign of him. For all we know, he could be pulling a Saddam Hussein and hiding in a man-made hole equipped with juvenile technology.
Or better yet, the more popular presumption is that he may have died already.

The entirety of the situation sounds like a failed movie script with minimal action. We could stay hung up on conspiracy theories that the CIA is hiding Osama bin Laden in its headquarters or that he got facial reconstructive surgery, though that seems highly unlikely.

According to Hillary Clinton, Pakistan government insiders know bin Laden’s whereabouts but are choosing not to speak, prompting the U.S. to seek more solid ties to the nation.
Nonetheless, it is about time that we get the answers we want and this game of hide and seek needs to end.