Is Ron Paul running away from the media?

Ron Paul, the well know Republican congressman running for president, has been outspoken in his Libertarian views since becoming a congressman in Texas. His supporters avidly defend his pro-liberty and small government positions, espousing maximum civil liberties and less regulation.

A major focus of Ron Paul’s campaign, and something his supporters rant about, is the media. Paul claims that the media is ignoring him, an act he says is a conspiracy. While in several debates and interviews, most notably a recent one with CNN’s Gloria Borger, Paul has been cut off or attempted to walked out, that in no way is a media conspiracy against him. The CNN interview, in Paul was questioned about an old newsletter with racist statements, cut off when Paul started ignoring the questions about his comments. There have been other instances, such as in GOP debates, when Paul has been cut off.

Based on what has actually has happened, it seems that Paul is ignoring the media. Quite a contradiction, huh?

Maybe Ron Paul is the one who’s too afraid to confront his past. If he admits to what he wrote in those newsletters, some of his voters would support a new candidate. Maybe he’s afraid of losing important voters, ones that might not be aware of his news letters. However, I believe truly that most of his supporters, some of whom are conspirators, would claim that the media is conspiring against him for several reasons: the media doesn’t believe Paul is electable (which, for America’s safety, he is), his ideas are ridiculous (some of them are, in fact), and the media can’t handle “the truth”. The latter is that Paul has been espousing the same lines since he became a congressman: Less Regulation! Liberty! The Constitution! Government is bad! While in fact Paul has been saying this for quite a while, his followers still preach it, and believe it is the solution to America’s problem.

If Ron Paul despises the media for being “ignored”, he should take action. be the one taking action. It is totally up to him and his campaign to organize and set up interviews on radio and national television. If he is going to keep playing the “media hates Ron Paul” game, then so be it. All it does is turn Paul followers into blind believers unaware of reality. I call on Paul, apparently the “only honest man left in Washington” to some, to go on national television and explain why the media is supposedly biased against him. After all, he is the one who is hiding behind the scenes.