Romney 2012 for America

Romney 2012 for America

Regardless of the outcome of the election on Nov. 6, the choices made that day will affect the next four years.

The very idea that a country can have a change of political power without violence or murder is amazing. Yet of all of the elections that have taken place, this is one of the most important. The national debt has plummeted in the last four years and both candidates are telling the country how they will fix this problem, as well as many others faced by our country. Our economy is crumbling and our foreign policy is suffering. It is time for new leadership.

Mitt Romney is a businessman. He has run businesses and knows the field of economy and commerce. The U.S. is an industry machine. We are known throughout the world as a powerhouse for business, but we have been suffering greatly.

Under President Barack Obama, the national debt has been raised by over $5 trillion. When Obama was running for election back in 2008, he promised the people that he would reduce the debt by 50 percent by the end of his first term, according to The Chicago Tribune. Back when he made that promise, the debt was $11 trillion. That means he promised to make the debt go to $5.5 trillion. That did not happen.

Romney promises to reduce the debt in many ways, including his tax plan. Throughout his campaign, he has been focusing on the reduction of corporate tax rates. The U.S. has one of the world’s highest tax rates on corporations at 35 percent, according to Mitt Romney’s campaign page.

Corporations are what keep this country running. Without them, the unemployment rate would skyrocket. The issue that people have with these corporations is that they are getting their employees from overseas. The tax rate is cheaper there, so they save money. Yet, this is killing jobs in America.

Obama wants to keep this tax rate on the corporations, but Romney wants to cut the tax rate down to 25 percent. Romney’s plan is to reduce the tax so that these large businesses will hire domestic workers. This will reduce the unemployment rate and help end outsourcing.

President Obama promised a lot back in his campaign of 2008. He has not fulfilled most of those promises. The economy is still in the dumps, the unemployment rate is still high and not many people are in a better economic situation then they were four year ago. Obama has done nothing. He was even awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for no reason at all. He didn’t much anything in his past four years.

Many people blame the Bush years on the economy of today. However, they trusted Obama to fix these problems. I know that he only had four years to achieve his goals, but he promised to achieve them by the end of his first term. So, in other words, Obama flat-out lied to the people of America. He promised to fix them, knowing full well what he was facing, but it never happened.

When a football team has a losing record for four years in a row, what do you do? You hire a new coach. The team fires the old, losing coach, and you get a new coach to see if he can do any better.

It is time for a new president. It is time for people to put aside their party affiliations and do what is best for America. It is time to elect Romney.

Believe in America.