Jump out of the winter slump

Climb off of your couch and dance your way into an indoor adventure this winter by trying out either a dance fitness, indoor trampoline room or rock climbing.

Kazaxe

What’s better than being able to work out enough to drip sweat while simultaneously having fun? Zumba, a Latin inspired dance fitness workout appropriate for any age, let’s you experience exactly that. Kazaxe, owned by Azuka and her crew of other zumba professionals, has zumba classes just about every single day of the month, excluding Sundays and holidays.

Boot-camp classes are also offered Mon. – Thurs. at 7:40 p.m. The dance classes have a variety of time slots available, including 5:15 p.m., 7:40 p.m. and 8:50 p.m. for people with already busy schedules. Although, times may vary depending on Kazaxe’s occasional special events and fundraisers. For a more detailed schedule, check out the calendar on their website from the link given below.

Every class costs $5 and it is not necessary to buy any type of pass or subscription, although there are package deals for regular customers. The dance classes are definitely for people who enjoy dancing and would like to take their interest to another level. Unlike the dance classes that burn off only a few calories, the boot-camp is designed for those that are ready to get toned muscles and an overall fit body. Kazaxe does get somewhat crowded every once in a while, so be sure to arrive at least 15 minutes early.

Website: www.azuka-bom.com

Location: ABGC Bingo Auditorium

6200 D Little River Tpke

Rebounderz

Jump into walls and body-slam yourself on the floor without any injuries. Rebounderz offers a 14,000 square foot arena full of rebounding surfaces, making it the perfect place to work off those leftover holiday calories.

The indoor trampoline arena, called the Jumper, is family-friendly and completely safe. All guests are trained how to use the Jumper before entering the arena. Safety gear, including padded helmets, safety shoes and ankle bracelets, are provided to all Jumper participants for no additional fee.

Every Friday night, from 7:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Rebounderz offers Friday Night Frenzy. For $35, participants can jump as much as they want and then chow down on pizza. Rebounderz also has dodgeball games and Rebound with Jimmie for those looking to learn how to become a better jumper.

Rebounderz is open from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Mon. – Thurs., 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Fri. – Sat. and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sun. Open Jump costs $15.75 for the first hour and $12.75 for each additional hour. Or, participants can jump for 30 min. for only $10.00. Non-jumper guests 18 and under must pay $3 each. Check the website for the company’s Daily Dealz.

Website: www.rebounderzsterling.com

Location: 22400 Davis Drive

Sterling, VA 20164

Sport Rock

Forget going to the gym day after day to stay fit. Instead, try rock climbing at Sportrock as an enjoyable recreational activity that will keep you in tip-top shape.

Grasping for rock after rock, scale the many 20 and 40-foot walls available at Sportrock. But don’t let a little fear of heights stop you from all the fun. Climbers are attached to a rope to prevent them from falling and getting injured. And no worries if you have never climbed before, as there are many classes and events open to members and non-members alike.

You can go alone or with a group as rock climbing serves as a fun outing with others. Sportrock offers team building activities that allow you to bond with your groupmates. You can also reserve a party at Sportrock online, in person or over the phone.

Sportrock is open from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. Mon. – Fri. and 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sat. – Sun. The daily cost for those 13 years of age or older is $18. Gear rental is $11, shoes and harnesses cost $5, chalk bags cost $2 and belay devices and locking carabiners cost $3.

“Just go check out a climbing gym nearby [you], and just try it,” said senior Alex Brown, who frequently climbs. “It’s a good work out and it’s really fun.”

Website: www.sportrock.com

Location: 5308 Eisenhower Avenue

Alexandria, VA 22304