FOX does it again

Tim Kring, the creator of several hit shows, such as Heroes and Crossing Jordan, has done it again. FOX Network’s new show, Touch, will grasp its audience with the very first episode. Its preview is already the second highest-rated drama opening FOX’s mid season.

The series follows a man named Martin Bohm as played by Kiefer Sutherland of FOX’s 24. Bohm is a struggling single father trying to take care of his disconnected and mute 11 year old son after his wife’s death in the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center.

As the story unfolds, the plot is thickened with a mathematical mystery. The young boy named Jake, played by the adorable David Mazouz, has a special ability allowing him to utilize science, mathematics and natural patterns in history to connect unrelated people and events from around the world to each other. Dr. Dewitt, played by Danny Glover, is an expert on decoding the signs of the connections in the universe.

Jake begins to reveal just how interconnected we all are, with each conscious thought or action affecting one another directly but discreetly. Ironically, his desire not to speak with anyone around him is another way of communicating because, as Dr. Dewitt explains, language is just an outdated evolutionary setback.

Touch has already successfully contributed to FOX’s increasingly popular shows like New Girl, Alcatraz and the returning of American Idol. Recently, FOX has been dominating television networks with one hit series after another. Work from Glover, Sutherland and Mazouz only adds to the ongoing popularity.

Kring receives a well deserved A for its unique story line and an exquisite cast. Touch will begin airing on Mar. 19 at 9 p.m., but you can catch an early release of the pilot episode online on Hulu or FOX.