Annandale chorus prepares for annual winter concert

With the holidays just around the corner,  the choir department has been preparing for their winter concert. On Dec. 12, the AHS choir held their annual winter concert at the Annandale United Methodist Church. After the past performance the chorus held this fall, they have been practicing all the well-known holiday songs that everyone anticipants for the winter concert.

“Sounds of the Season” had a variety songs from traditional holiday tunes to songs in Hebrew and Latin. Chorus teacher, Jessica Irish, sets up a winter concert that showcases the different choirs individually and then together as a full choral program. The members are ecstatic to perform and are ready to display all the hard work they’ve done.

“I think the music selection is great this year.”, sophomore Steve Aderton said. “The choirs sound fantastic and there are some equally fantastic accompanists on orchestral instruments as well as piano. There’s a good balance of traditional holiday music and some pieces most people aren’t as familiar with.”

Senior Victoria Beasley also expressesed her excitement for Wednesday. “Im looking forward to performing as an Annandale Singer this year in our renaissance costumes. Every year we invite alumni in the audience to come sing The Hallelujah Chorus with us. I think this is really special and everyone always looks forward to it.”

Irish says that this year any member of the audience was invited to join the choir on the last song, “Hallelujah.” This great idea will hopefully carry on for the many years to come. Stop by to the AHS choir performance and get into the holiday spirit!