Second Summer Fest coming up

In addition to a festival, Leadership plans to introduce a new dance

Junior Alessio Humerez attended the first AHS Summer Fest last school year. One of the many attractions of the festival are inflatable slides.

Katie Pope

Katie Pope

Kimberly Vaides, Co-Editor in Chief

In celebration of the end of standardized exams and the approaching summer, the second annual Summer Fest will take place on June 1 at the stadium field and back parking lot.

That Friday, the school will alter its bell schedule to having it in the order of W2, W8, W6, W4. Summer Fest will begin at 2:00 during W4 and will end at 5:30.

Tickets will continue to be sold during all lunches. Prices for the events will be $6 for Summer Fest, $8 for Summer Craze and $10 for both. Tickets will also be sold at the door.

Only students who buy pre-sale tickets will be permitted to attend Summer Fest during W4.

This will be the second year AHS Leadership has held Summer Fest after the festival’s success from the previous year.

Similar to last year, the festival will include inflatable slides, an obstacle course, basketball, corn hole and competitions for prizes every half hour. In addition, students who purchase their tickets during lunch will have the opportunity to nominate students to participate in the dunk tank.

Last year’s nominees included Tim Thomas, Derek Sweet and Scherrie Dalton. However, it is yet to be determined which teachers will be dunked for this year’s upcoming event.

In addition, Leadership will invite locally known food trucks such as Scoops2U, Angry Burger and El Fuego.

There will also be musical performances from students who audition at selected times during the festival.

The second part of the festival this year will be the newest addition, Summer Craze.

This new event will occur after the festival from 7:00 to 10:00 in the back parking lot. Summer Craze will be an outdoor dance with music and decorated neon lights.

Only students from AHS are permitted to attend the dance, while Summer Fest itself is open to the community.

Leadership looks to make this another enjoyable and successful festival that is open to students, staff and the community.