Key Club elects new officers

As the senior class gets ready to leave, the underclassmen have to prepare new leadership for the upcoming year. Everything from Student Government to the National Honor Society is getting new officials elected.

On Tuesday, April 20 the election results for the Key Club leaders were released. President is Lillian Singer, Vice President if Doreyn Ngo, Treasurer is Noah Fitzgerel, Secretary is Jacinta Lam, and Editor is Carolyn Hartley.

Junior Lillian Singer is excited about leading Key Club next year. Singer has been an extremely dedicated member of the organization. “This upcoming year will be my fourth year in Key Club,” said Singer.

For her, getting ready for the election was similar to any other class elections. “[I] prepare[d] my speech, [ran] for office, and presented my speech at the elections yesterday and people voted,” said Singer, “It’s an honor to hold this officer position for my last year.”

Key Club organizes and execute community service. They help other organizations such as Just World and the Walk for Darfur.

Singer is not only dedicated to the efforts of the Key Club, but is a very experienced member. “I’ve been an officer for Key Club before, so I know how the administration works,” said Singer.

Hopefully, the upcoming year will be successful for everyone. Singer thinks that she can lead the Key Club effectively. “I want to continue on with the legacy of Key Club this year,” said Singer, “I’m excited. I think it will be a great year.”