IB Spotlight: Annabelle Lee

Why did you decide to pursue the IB diploma?

I wanted to take more rigorous classes and challenge myself to better prepare for college. It was scary at first, but I knew it would be worth it in the long run.

What extracurriculars are you in?

I am currently in Special Olympics, Best Buddies, Key Club, AALEAD, and KSA which is starting this year. There’s a couple more, but I’ve been involved in these clubs for the longest.

What HLs do you take and why?

I take Business, Spanish, English, and Topics HL. Honestly, I picked these classes based on my own interests, and because I think they will be the most useful for my future.

How are you feeling about the IB diploma going into your senior year?

IB is tough, but I think it’s worth it. Although it requires a lot of effort and time, it’s a great opportunity for students to challenge themselves. I am very grateful to be able to push myself.

How have IB classes helped you?

IB classes have helped me manage my time better and making deadlines. I’ve also learned that I more capable than I perceive myself as.

What do you plan/want to do after you graduate high school?

My main goal is to go to college after high school. I’m not exactly sure what I want to major in, but I think it’s important to take my time and not pressure myself into following a specific career path yet.