Students bring their lunch with style

As the bell rings midway through the school day for the different lunch periods, students file out into the hallway, happy to get a break from their classes and hungry for their lunch. Although many love lunch for these same reasons, students vary in how they bring their lunch to school, from tacky grocery bags to stylish lunch boxes.

“I bring my lunch to school in a Safeway bag,” said sophomore Paul Helfgott. “I use this because I don’t have to throw it out and I can use it every day.” Other students bring their lunch as well, hoping to avoid the long lines in the cafeteria, but some students prefer to bring a lunch bag instead of using a plastic or brown paper bag.

“I like my lunch bag because it’s Vera Bradley and it has owls, which are my favorite animal,” said sophomore Katie Mock. “I have to pack my own lunch because my mom is still asleep when I leave for school and my dad won’t do it.”

“I pack my lunch in a lunch bag, and I have this one because I love Disney and it’s a Tinkerbell lunch bag,” said junior Danielle Turner. “I sometimes buy my lunch because I’m lazy sometimes, but I’m a vegetarian so it’s hard to find choices instead of eating pizza every day.”

Other students try their best to stay away from school cafeteria food by bringing their lunches as well. “I bring my lunch because the school lunch sucks,” says senior Sandra Mosely. “I found my lunch box at Target and I like it because it keeps everything nice and insulated.”

However, some choose to buy their lunches from school, despite the long lines and the cafeteria food. “I bring my lunch in my wallet,” said junior Wallace Geiger. “I don’t bring my lunch because I have to rush to get a parking spot at the church and I don’t have time to make my lunch.”

“I buy lunch because I’m too lazy to pack my own lunch,” said freshman Amy Reynolds. “The school lunch here is okay, but I’d rather bring because I can choose what I want.”