The need for The North Face

While walking the halls of AHS, it’s practically impossible to arrive to class without spotting a North Face jacket. The jackets are a classic article of clothing for students at AHS, worn by both boys and girls.

“The one thing I like about the brand ‘North Face’ is how it’s so durable,” said senior Kate Nguyen. “The fabric could pretty much endure everything depending on the jacket one chooses,”

A new trend making an appearance at AHS is the bright North Face rain jacket. The jacket acts as a fashionable piece of clothing, while also being cozy and protecting against harsh weather conditions.

“I chose to buy this type of coat because it stood out in the kid’s section and I wanted a color no one else had,” said Nguyen, who has a lime green jacket. Nguyen also owns a white fleece North Face jacket.

“I like the brand North Face because they keep their central focus point on keeping their customers warm,” said sophomore Alvin Chan, who has a black fleece jacket.

“I wear my jacket because it’s warm and really comfortable,” said freshman Sureyya Gokturk. “I got it because they’re really fashionable.”

Sophomore Sherief Bashara disagrees, saying, “I don’t like [the jackets] because they make me super-hot, temperature wise.”

The company North Face makes a large assortment of jackets, including fleece, rainwear, and snow jackets. Its products also come in every color, depending on the type of jacket. North Face also makes backpacks and camping equipment. Although North Face products are aimed at people who hike or do other outdoor activities that may require special insulation, many students use the products for a winter jacket or backpacks for school.