Closet Catastrophes Solved

As your eyes scan your room you see heaps of clothes piles of trash and other unknown objects cluttering your supposed-to-be spotless floor. You’ve been sitting in there for an hour trying to get the cleaning done but once you turned on your computer the time flew by.

With only a few minutes to spare before the final inspection that determines whether or not you’re allowed to go out tonight, you frantically look for the easiest way to make your room appear as clean as possible. Then you spot your solution: the closet.

Many people use their closets as a place to store all their useless junk, while others use their closets to hold racks of clothes, shoes and other accessories. Most people don’t realize it, but a closet is a form of self expression that, when carefully examined, illustrates elements of your personality.

“My closet is the place where I throw everything that makes my room dirty. It shows my intelligence because it saves me time cleaning my room,” sophomore Nolan Gilbert said.

While it is true a disastrous closet may save time and effort needed to clean one’s room, it may come off to others as a sign of laziness or a lack of organizational skills.

To others a closet may be an organized mess, like freshman Travis Swann who said, “I just throw stuff in my closet so the newer stuff is on top.” As long as you can find everything you need, a messy closet will work just fine. Although some think it’s easier to leave their closet a mess, others find satisfaction in a clean closet.

“I like to keep my closet organized, so once a week I clean it out. It’s like I’m cleaning out the bad,” freshman Victoria Huenemann said.

A simple way to keep your closet orderly is to separate your articles of clothing and color code your belongings.

“I have each type of clothing separated from jeans, to tank tops, to dresses, and long sleeved shirts. I put what I don’t usually wear in my closets so I don’t have to open them,” sophomore Addy Bramson said.

Keeping your closet in check shows cleanliness in your every day life and that you value important organizational skills.

It’s good to also get in a habit of cleaning out your closet on a regular basis. Senior Madeena Haidari says, “I clean out my closet every Saturday because when I pick out my outfit for the next school day it gets messy. I also label all my drawers and cabinets so i know where all my stuff is.”

People tend to get messy with their rooms and closets when they are in a rush in the morning. Because school mornings tend to get a little chaotic, so after school take your time to put all your clothes away.

Even though your closet may not seem like a big deal to you, but anyone who walks in your room can easily target your personality from the way you arrange it. So for a good first impression remember to keep your closet tidy.