Stylish Steal: Woven belt

This woven belt is available from American Eagle Outfitters for less than $20.

As the seasons change from fall to winter, so do fashion styles and trends. As any smart shopper knows, the more versatile the piece of clothing is the more wear will come from the purchase.

A popular trending style for these upcoming seasons is a simple woven belt. These belts can come in a variety of shades, widths and textures depending on its intended use. For a slimming look, it can be worn high on the natural waist to give the look of sectioning. It also can be worn as a regular belt for day to day use.

“Woven belts are a great accessory to wear with dresses and skirts,” junior Diana Hurtado said.

An advantage to having a woven belt instead of a regular belt is that the closure can be fastened throughout any of the weaves which prevents the reliance upon punched holes which don’t always fit. Located at almost any clothing and accessory store, the prices of these belts have a wide range of affordable prices.

This purchase can go along way if you know how to pair it correctly. From a summer dress to a winter cardigan, every season has an opportunity for an outfit needing to be tied together with a woven belt.

“I think belts add a nice extra touch to any outfit,” junior Tessa Iglesias said.

Whether dressing an outfit up or down, the woven belt ties almost every set of clothes together perfectly.