Elements of style: Shopping for a cause

Elements of style: Shopping for a cause

Charity plays a big part in stores’ marketing strategies during the holiday season. Especially during this time of the year big companies like Macy’s do huge campaigns to highlight important causes that you as a consumer can support through buying products in the store.

The other day I was watching my favorite vlogger on YouTube Juicy Star 07 (who I mentioned in the last article), and she was highlighting M.Powerment by mark.

I was really interested so I went on www.meetmark.com and fell in love with this great organization. Mark cosmetics has been around forever and has been getting women to sell their products to friends and neighbors. In 2008 they started M. Powerment in order to spread the word about the huge percent of dating abuse happening to young women each year from ages 16-24, the statistic I learned is 25 percent (A huge one fourth of the entire female population) has been abused in their lifetime.

To support the organization they raise money for companies to support these women going through these bad times and they have a lot of really cute gifts. First is their “Have a Heart” necklace for $22. It is very nice for anyone as a gift and features the symbol of the campaign, a heart. They also have the Mark power of Change necklace ($28), Mark linked to my Heart Bracelet ($30), and mark Have a Heart Bracelet ($12). All are very nice pieces of jewelry and there are many other jewelry items, bags, and accessories, (as well as makeup) you can buy on the website as well… although I don’t think their proceeds go to the cause.
M. Powerment has risen over $725,000 so far and in collaboration with my marketing class I will also be starting my own PR Campaign to raise money for this cause starting in January 2012. If you want to learn more just see me and let me know how you want to help! Have a happy holiday everyone!