Elements of style: consignment stores

One of my favorite places to shop is  a consignment store. There are many great things about this type of store. Most people think the clothes and accessories are bad because they’re used, but you can find all sorts of treasures hidden in the racks. Some people even consign new items that they haven’t worn.

There are some consignment stores right here in Annandale. You probably have seen them and walked past the storefronts, but I challenge you to go inside. On a local news site I found that there is a new store called Joseph’s Coat here close to the nearby Fuddruckers. This is a consignment store that used to be located in Falls Church. It will join Treasure Trove (near the Bloom on Columbia Pike) and Auntie Te’s in Bradlick Shopping Center.

There is also The Salvation Army (near Five Guys), which was formerly only for low income families. You can find tons of items, from clothes to furniture for very low prices.

There is also another Treasure Trove in Springfield which you can go to. This chain is really great because you can buy reasonably priced clothes and the money you spent goes to Inova Children Medical Center. Lastly there is Unique which is inFalls Church, and it is the biggest consignment store I have seen. It is like a flea market of consignment items and I have found a lot of good things there.

Not only can you buy things from consignment stores, you can sell your clothes as well. I have brought a lot of my clothes to consign in order to get money for new clothes.

You can also consign accessories (bags, jewelry, shoes, etc.) and also some home items (books, furniture, etc.) There are some in any city you live in so you might want to look online to see ones near you.

Another type of store very closely related to consignment stores is antique stores. Here you can find used items too, but they are usually a lot older. People who like vintage things should go to these. They are very fun to go in. Even though they may look small, they are packed with stuff and you could spend hours in there. I love antiques because you can learn a lot about the past as well, which is interesting.  We have an another antique store in Annandale called Kruger’s which is right near the KMart on Little River Turnpike. Check it out!