Fashion week spreads around world

Fashion week spreads around world

There have been a lot of great events happening this week in New York and many other places worldwide, for the wonderful event known as Fashion Week. This year’s Fashion Week lasts from September 6 to the 13. Kicking off the most wonderful fashion time of the year is Fashion’s Night Out, a celebration of retailers and encouragement for consumers to shop and support the fashion industry during the tough economic times.

Sponsored by Vogue and the CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America), this event started in 2009 and has now grown to include many more places such as Australia, Brazil, Paris and Milan, the same places where Fashion Week also takes place. In each location the event happens on a different day during Fashion Week to provide full publicity for all the countries participating. To find out the dates, go to fashionsnightout.com,. The closest location was in Alexandria, for the first time ever.

To find out the schedules for other Fashion Week shows and events, you can take a look at www.mbfashionweek.com. The shows will happen all day long. Some shows even upload videos of the events online so that those of us who are not lucky enough to attend can still watch the magic that is Fashion Week. I am very excited to see what the styles are for this upcoming Spring 2013.