Fall fashion trends: just be you

Fall fashion trends: just be you

Fall and winter looks are going to the luxe. According to a recent study the fashion forecast predicts leather, lace and shimmering metallics for the colder seasons. Examples of strong women have influenced styles as well, like Kate Middleton, Michelle Obama and Angelina Jolie.

Long sleeves, A-line skirts and refined details make the cool-weather styles sexy in a subdued, elegant and powerful way. I think this style is ideal for teenagers due to the fact that in AHS modesty is encouraged. You can spin the style in your way. You can be more Joan Jett, rocker chic or more Audrey Hepburn, classic and refined. The best thing to always consider when choosing an outfit is the question, “Is this me?”

Just blending in with everyone else doesn’t show who you really are and that is another message that these powerful women give off as well. The most powerful material, of this trend, is leather. Not only will it keep you warm during the colder seasons but you can also mix and match it with your favorites to get and edgier look. A leather skirt with a chunky cashmere sweater mixes edgy with girly. A leather jacket with jeans and a graphic tee is more contemporary. A nice blazer with leather pants and a dressy blouse makes a nice, school outfit. You can pretty much mix it up anyway you want.