Classes finally move to modular

Wednesday, Feb. 23 marks moving-day for fourteen classes, as the new modular building is finally ready to be filled.

“I heard it was supposed to happen a month ago but one of the administrators forgot to order desks,” sophomore Stephen Oakes said. Oakes’s English class will be moving into the modular.

The completion of the modular had been predicted for Columbus Day. Assistant Principal Vincent Randazzo clarified that the delay is due to weather, infrastructure (planning) days and discoveries made during the excavation.

“Teachers who were traveling from room to room- didn’t have their own rooms- [took] priority [for being moved into the modular],” Randazzo said.

The trailers whose former occupants are now located in the semi-permanent structure will be utilized by new classes.

“I’m excited to use the bathroom inside!” sophomore Christina Uglietta said.

There will be student and faculty bathrooms inside the modular. Water lines and plumbing lines have been put in for this purpose, as well as to provide the two biology labs with their necessary fluids.

“It looks pretty cool,” Oakes said.

The rooms inside the modular have been laid out according to their subjects and levels of interaction. One side of the modular’s dividing Hallway 28/29 holds two ESOL classrooms, two English classrooms, one Social Studies classroom and one Special Education classroom. At the other end two French classes, one Social Studies class and one ESOL class are clustered. The Math room is next to the Computer Lab and also near the two Biology Labs, which are conveniently adjacent to the two restrooms. Across the hall is storage, an electrical room, a conference room and a teacher workroom.