Homecoming court announced

Homecoming season is approaching faster than ever. The winners from the homecoming court nominations have been announced, except for the seniors where the results will be announced at the homecoming football game on October 14. The announcement is expected to only add to the many exciting events the week of homecoming.

“I have not seen to much attention in my students but the seniors seem pretty excited,” drama teacher George Bennet said.

The winners for the freshmen class were Alex Cruz and Kaytlin Ordi-Hopkins for the Lord and Lady positions. For the sophomore class, Nick Torrico-Ledesma and Kessarin Horvath will represent their class as Duke and Duchess. The junior class winners were Luke Lundy and Mindy Vo for the Prince and Princess nominations. Finally, for the senior nominees, the finalists for King were CJ Aftergut, Ahmed Bile, Walter Manlan and Dylan Shuey, while the finalists for Queen were Nisreen Al-Suqi, Becca Hendrickson, Kunny Kou and Cynthia Quintanilla. Each of these students will attend the homecoming game where the winners of the King and Queen will be announced.

“Homecoming courts are important because they represent our awesome class,” sophomore Jonathon Hoang said.

Even though it seems that everyone is excited, there are a handful of students that do not care or appreciate the homecoming courts.

“I don’t really think homecoming courts are important,” junior Carla Suarez said.

The next homecoming event is “Decade Day” spirit day on October 7.