The A-Blast sponsoring a Halloween costume contest

Seniors+Bonne+Clark+and+Jessica+Campanilla+dressed+up+last+school+year+for+Halloween.+
Seniors Bonne Clark and Jessica Campanilla dressed up last school year for Halloween.

Ghosts, vampires, celebrities and hippies fill the halls. Girls sport bunny ears and boys wear football jerseys. A man wearing a superhero costume walks by you on your way to class. No, that’s not superman; it’s your math teacher. This will be the scene at AHS on Halloween. On Oct. 31, The A-Blast is sponsoring a Halloween costume contest during all lunches.

To enter the contest, students and faculty must have their picture taken by The A-Blast. A photographer will be in the back right corner of the cafeteria during all lunches. All pictures that are taken will be put up on The A-Blast Online.

There are a few rules that students and faculty members must remember when planning their costume. First, the costume cannot be culturally insensitive. The administration does not want to see students in anything that could be considered offensive. Second, the costume cannot break the school dress code. This means that boys cannot wear low pants and girls cannot reveal too much skin. Third, if a mask or a hat is part of your costume, it may only be worn while your picture is being taken. It must be removed and out of sight for the rest of the day. Finally, the costume cannot be disruptive to class.

There are some incentives to entering the contest. Five prizes will be awarded; for best freshman costume, best sophomore costume, best junior costume, best senior costume and best faculty costume. The awards will be decided by a few members of The A-Blast. Those who will win have the opportunity to receive prizes like a free yearbook or a free dinner for two.