FBLA hosts Fuddruckers Night

Students+enjoy+there+food+at+Fuddruckers+Night.+
Students enjoy there food at Fuddruckers Night.
Students enjoy their food at Fuddruckers Night.

The Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) held their annual Fuddruckers night on Nov. 11. to raise money for t-shirts, conferences and most importantly, competitions.

“We need to deflect the cost of…running the club for the year,” business teacher Helen Silberminz said. “But it’s mostly [so that if] the students won a competition we would have money to send them to nationals.”

AHS’s FBLA attends regional, state and national competitions each year, with a diverse group of subdivisions including accounting, desktop design, computer applications and business plans.

A small amount of FBLA members attend the conferences, which are also affected by fundraisers.

“People either don’t want to spend the $25 to attend the conference; it is also a bit daunting to see tons of people in suits,” senior FBLA President Joshua Kim said “They assume that it won’t be an enjoyable experience. It does suck to sit in a suit for five hours, but it’s actually an enjoyable experience and I think that everyone should attend.”

Although the Fuddruckers fundraiser only provides FBLA with a ten percent profit, Kim has a positive perspective on such fundraising.

“We wanted a place where there could be a social gathering for non-members and members to have a good night,” Kim said. “I want the FBLA members to connect to each other more than in past years.”

Students can join FBLA during the second membership drive that will be held in January by paying a $15 due to either Silberminz, Paula Chesser or Monica Bentley.