Spicy Seasonings at Sugar Palm Thai Restaurant

There can never be too much spicy in some student’s eyes, but Sugar Palm Thai Restaurant takes the chili. This brand new, modernly structured restaurant’s theme is none other than a good old plate of spicy. Located along Edsall Road in Alexandria, it is the perfect stop for a date or dinner with a friend. The colors of green and soft orange on the walls and modern chandelier lights near the bar makes one envision the beach on the outskirts of the windows. Eating there at sunset, the shades were opened and the sun streamed through, giving it a warm feeling that struck the decor of the restaurant beautifully.

As I walked into the restaurant, I was greeted with a smile by one of the hostesses and led to a booth with no wait. As I sat down, looking at the beverages, they ranged from the cliche sodas and iced teas, to some more exotic choices like Thai tea an coffee. I decided to go with the raspberry iced tea that had the perfect combination of sweet and tea.

Wanting to have as much variety to report back on, I chose some appetizers that would tide me over before the entree. I chose the Muek Todd, also known as lightly battered calamari seasoned with salt and Thai chili sauce. That proved to be seasoned to perfection with a touch of spicy. For my main meal I chose the Nua Yang, a grilled steak with lettuce underneath it and a side of white rice to accompany it. The steak had more a bland taste and when grilled on the outside was more than just grilled, but burned in some areas.

Hoping that dessert would exceed my expectations, I chose the lava torte with ice cream on the side. It was quite warm and the ice cream creamy, delivering a taste that appeased my cravings of chocolate delight.

If I had to choose this restaurant, it would be for its delicate appetizers and fulfilling desserts that surpassed my taste buds. I highly recommend this restaurant for those looking for an affordable chance of enjoying some spicy appetizers that can be finished with some sweet goodness.

Sugar Palm Thai Restaurant

5580 Vincent Gate Terrace,

Alexandria, VA