Welcome to 2024!

For the new year, people gathered in New York City to see the ball drop and welcome 2024. Everyone was there for the countdown. Most of them being in Time Square for the ball drop and other festivities like concerts and other games. The road was really busy during that time and there was a lot of traffic. There were also fireworks happening and it was really cool and it was also really pretty.

An astonishing 3,000 pounds of confetti is dropped from rooftops for people in Time Square to enjoy as the clock strikes 12.

At New York City’s Time Square for the new year there were 1 million people celebrating, people coming from other places just to be there for the ball drop. It is said that people start waiting 7 to 10 hours before the ball drops! Due to the fact that there are no portable toilets in Time Square, the very large question is,  how do they use the bathroom? The answer? People wear adult diapers.

Now, for me and my family we just stayed home and watched the ball drop on the TV. Then we also watched fireworks outside the house. It was really good family time. I had lots of fun. Happy New Year!