Spice up your spring break with these Annandale hotspots

1: O’my ChiQ & Bar

O’my ChiQ & Bar is located on Columbia Pike, here in Annandale. It came to Annandale after the original location, Dice Burger, closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. O’my ChiQ & bar opened on December 9th, 2022 after buying the former Dice Burger restaurant.

They serve a variety of Korean food, primarily Korean style chicken, such as soy garlic chicken wings and rotisserie chicken. They also have a bar for adults if they ever want to settle down and have a drink.

“Best korean chicken ever, I would eat 10 pieces and still not be fully satisfied,” said freshman Carlos Monjares.

They don’t only serve chicken, they also serve delicious side dishes, such as tornado fries and cheesy fries. Their menu is full of delicious Korean styled food, it would be great to check out and support this fairly new business.
    “I’m definitely going back and pigging out,” said Monjaras.

2: Chicken Pollo

Chicken Pollo is a family owned Peruvian styled restaurant located on Little River turnpike. They serve various amounts of Peruvian dishes such as ceviche de pescado and Lomo Saltado.

Chicken Pollo was first opened in September 2001 on Little River Turnpike, the menu used to be much smaller than it is now. They expanded the menu to include many sides and other Peruvian dishes.

“It hits in a different way, I’d pick this every day over anything,” said senior Jason White.

They are best known for their variety of sauces. Some of the sauces include green sauce, which is made with a variety of vegetables and it pairs up with a lot of different dishes.

Another popular sauce that they have is yellow sauce, yellow sauce is a peruvian sauce made with chili pepper and other ingredients.
    “If yall want some good food just go to Chicken Pollo,” said White.

3: Delicioso Chicken House

Delicioso Chicken House is a fairly new restaurant located on Little River Turnpike, they serve a variety of Salvadorian and Hispanic foods.

Some of the dishes they serve include Baleada con pollo, which is a flour tortilla with a variety of chicken and beans mixed together with vegetables and sauces. Another one of their best menu items are their quesadillas, which are served with special sauces that differ from normal quesadillas, it’s also customizable, with the options of chicken and beef.

It is a must go since they also serve various breakfast items, such as the egg sandwich, which sounds basic, but tastes way better than a usual basic egg sandwich from another establishment.

“I prefer their breakfast over their lunch since when I’m coming to school I could just stop by and easily pick up something,” said junior Dutch Rockow.

Delicioso Chicken House is a must go. and it is a recommended restaurant that you should stop by at some point.