Ke$ha climbs the charts with Animal

“Wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy,” is what all the teens of this decade are singing these days. The song “TiK ToK” is taking over, seeing as it currently holds the top spot on the Billboard’s Top 100 Chart.

Most known for her crazy, free-spirited style, the 22-year-old pop artist behind this tune is known by her unique name Ke$ha, has been a hit ever since being established in the famous remake of “Right Round” with Flo Rida. Although, she did not make her first real appearance until her song “TiK ToK” started airing on the radio.

The first of hopefully many albums for this young lady was released on Jan 5. The album, Animal, is an electrifying collection filled with party songs that make you want to let loose and have a good time.

Her single “TiK ToK,” although already famous, is probably one of her best songs off the album. Another surefire hit is “Your Love is My Drug,” a fun teen love anthem, which is a bit different from her usual nonsensical style. She utilizes her edgy vocals and feminine side to connect with teenage girls and their feelings on how they get all “all strung up” by touch relationships.

Her track “Stephen” was much different than anything Ke$ha has ever done before. It was quite coincidental that the track’s name was similar to Taylor Swift’s song “Hey Stephen” because it sounded a bit like Taylor Swift meets electro-pop.

Unlike the songs mention above, “Dinosaur,” is nothing but bubblegum pop, likely to be the enjoyment of millions that just need background music. It does not really have any significance, but it is another good song to hum along with.

Many of the other songs on the album are also pop-techno-club type of music. After listening through the album numerous times, it is obvious most of the tracks have repetitive and similar electronic beats.

If your a fan of Lady Gaga, you will probably enjoy Ke$ha’s music. Both artists have a distinct style that they live by and are not afraid to show it off. Animal surely would be beneficial if you are looking for some good party music, or just some excellent tunes to blast in your car.

For those who love music for its artistic significance, will probably find Ke$ha trivial to listen to.