The new Miley ‘can’t be tamed’

Miley Cyrus, formerly known as the teen pop princess Hannah Montana, has dropped her good girl persona and gone bad. She is not merely shedding her old image; she is slaughtering it. Everyone knew Miley was going to grow up eventually, but no one imagined she would do it so…exposed.

With her new song and music video “Can’t Be Tamed” she is catching the attention of her fans and the headlines. With a more sexy and dirty approach than her old music, Cyrus’ new style is being compared to that of Britney Spears and Lady Gaga. Her lyrics are suggestive and paint the new her as a partier and a seductive, untouchable teen.

In the “Can’t Be Tamed” music video, Cyrus is dressed as a scantily clad extinct bird. She is contained inside a giant birdcage, dancing provocatively and looking seductively at the camera. She is dressed in a tight, black leotard that hugs her every curve showing off nearly all of her skin.

“I can get a bit crazy…’cuz I’m hot like that,” she sings while skimpily dancing on the poles of her birdcage. Later she grinds on her male dancers and sings, “I go through guys like money flyin’ out the hands.”

Cyrus tells eonline.com, “The video isn’t about being sexy or about who can wear less clothes. I don’t want to be in a cage. I want to be free and do what I love.”

Another video of Cyrus is taking over headlines as well. The video is of the star giving the The Last Song producer Adam Shankman, 44, a lap dance at a wrap up party for the movie. Her father Billy Ray Cyrus responded to criticism of the video saying that lap dances and grinding are normal things that girls her age do.

“I think she is growing up and the only reason people care so much is because she’s famous. I’m her age and I don’t think it’s too old for her at all! I love her new image,” said junior Paige Clark.

While this new transformation came too quickly and is too risqué for some, others are loving Cyrus’ new look and are applauding her for breaking away from her good girl image.

“I say bravo. Everyone grows up. Who cares about what people think, she wants to be true to herself and if that’s what she wants to do then more power to her. I think it’s hot,” said junior Banna Gebremichael.