Same girl, but better

As Rihanna came out with her electrifying red hair, the entire venue lit up. It was finally time for what everyone had come for. This was not a concert like any others; this was her big comeback to the world.

Rihanna had suffered some pretty hard times, with the whole Chris Brown beating and all the press taking over her life; and after her latest album, Rated-R, the world saw a new Rihanna.

There are some who don’t appreciate Rihanna’s music, such as senior Lydette Yonas who said, “she tries to be edgy, when she really isn’t. She seems out of place.”

People definitely misinterpreted her anger and emotions for a look to be edgy because she had opened up through the tracks of the album, which ended up changing the tone of her music. She was done with her little teenybopper music and had a much more serious tone. She had transformed into a powerful woman.

“I feel bad for Rihanna, she has been through a lot, but it’s good to see her getting back on stage, it’s been long, “ said senior Banna Gebremichael.

Rihanna has cancelled many of her shows on her Last Girl on Earth lately and of all the one’s she actually did attend, they were far from being sold out. Her fan base has definitely gone downhill.

“Everyone was mind-blown at how amazing she sounded and looked. Everyone was singing and dancing to her performances,” said senior Alyssa Suchar.

When she got out on the stage with her leather, skin-tight dress with lasers blasting off of it, the audience went haywire.

Her dancing was beyond extraordinary and her singing was on point; it even gave everyone chills. She performed with so much passion and emotion.

She performed a mix of her old songs including, SOS, Breakin’ Dishes, Shut Up and Drive, and many more classics. It was as if this was her final concert and she had to give it her all, because the amount of energy she put into this concert was amazing.

Her performance was much like a circus show. There were many lights flashing everywhere, and there were so many interesting dance numbers.

At one point two aerial contortion dancers came out and did a stunning performance. It was unreal that what they did was even possible.

Surely, everyone’s mouth dropped on many occasions from all the special effects and dancing performances Rihanna included in this performance.

This was possibly one of Rihanna’s greatest performances. Without a question, anyone who saw her performance has definitely become a Rihanna fan. With a performance like that, it is kind of hard not to.

She should be applauded for her tremendous performance. Everyone should give her music a listen, and keep an open mind for the change in her style. And if you haven’t seen a concert of hers, you should definitely look for any upcoming ones.