Reunited for a cause

Pink Floyd was established in 1965 in London, England and released their first album in 1967 titled The Piper at the Gates Of Dawn.
Originally there were five members in the band; Syd Barret, Roger Waters, Bob Klose, Rick Wright, and Nick Mason. In 1968, Barret had been replaced with David Gilmour. Millions of fans had been swept over with their epic album, The Wall in 1979.
Unfortunately, in 1985 Waters decided to go solo and declared Pink Floyd over. Although some songs like “Comfortably Numb”, “Dark Side Of The Moon”, and “Brain Damage” are the songs that continue to pull in more fans.
The famous Waters and Gilmour from Pink Floyd have reunited last July for the Hoping Foundation in Oxfordshire, England. It was after the Hoping Foundation that Waters and Gilmour decided to put together a tour that began on Sept. 13 in Toronto that will follow up until June 2011.
On Oct. 10 at 8 p.m., Washington D.C’s Verizon Center held The Wall tour. Marissa Uriarte, junior at AHS, who has not been a fan for too long attended the tour and had many positive things to say about it.

How did the crowd react to the show?
I saw a lot of both old and young people. The crowd was very supportive by wearing 1973 tour shirts and band t-shirts, some of which I have never seen. At times the crowd sang along and got really loud but other times it was dead quite and some were even crying.

What was your favorite part of the show?
I had many favorite parts but the opening was pretty cool. They had so many lights and a plane was set up to crash into the wall which got everyone pretty hyped up.

Was the show worth the money and the time?
All the hard work I put into saving up was definitely worth it and the seats came out to be better then what I had expected. Roger’s guitar solo was better then ever, knows how to work a crowd, and hasn’t lost his cool.

What is something you did not really expect to see?
During the break, projectors were set up to advertise peace and being. Anti-government and religion ideas were also promoted. There was even a tribute to everyone who died in the war of terrorism.

What are your favorite Pink Floyd songs?
The song “Time” is my all time favorite song because it’s unique, trippy, and has a deep message about life. Plus, the guitar solo is beyond amazing. “Wish You Were Here” is also one of my favorites because it’s classic, mellow, and catchy. The lyrics never get old.

Overall, The Wall tour was not a disappointment for fans. Waters and Gilmour will continue their tour across America and lead up to Europe. Although Pink Floyd won’t be coming out with any new albums they continue to capture fans with their legendary songs.