“Survivor” still lingers

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be stranded somewhere with limited resources and competing with other candidates trying to win a million dollars?
Well in case you aren’t lucky enough to get the chance, you might try watching the TV series “Survivor.”
The original series was first aired by CBS in summer of 2000 as a replacement show.  Soon after the premiere, millions started acclaiming this reality-based adventure show and it become watched nationally.
The original survivor series consisted of twenty seasons with 281 episodes.
CBS recently signed a contract stating two more seasons, or competitions, of the show will be broadcasted. With slightly different rules and regulations, viewers are having opposing outlooks about this.
“I don’t think they should be messing with the original show.  It is never as good as the first series,” sophomore Olivia Franjie said.
The 21st season, Survivor: Nicaragua, was premiered on Sept. 15, 2010 and takes place in Central America.
For the most part, the rules are the same — sixteen candidates abandoned with limited resources to see who will outlast the others or get voted off the site.
However, producers say the Human Immunity Idol has been found too easily in the past so it will be hidden differently with visual hints.
The tribes, each group of contestants, will have a new item known as the Medallion of Power; whoever possesses this medallion with have an advantage in the upcoming challenge.
Previous seasons had taken place all over the world, including in Brazil, China and Guatemala.
Each location offers different resources and challenges the tribes have to endure, so no two seasons are ever the same.
The next two competitions will take place in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
What’s your decision, should CBS have changed the original show, or finished out with no new changes?