YouTube trio at AHS hope for success

“The Movement” is driving its way into our local community. Although just a temporary tag line for this hip-hop trio; from AHS Dylan Shuey and Zee Guililat, juniors (pictured above), and senior Taylor Flowers from Quander Road High School, are emerging artists trying to get a foot in the door of the music industry. The trio discussed the start of their artistic endeavour with The A-Blast.

When and how did you start the group?
“[We started] over the summer. The three of us all hung out over the summer, and so one day we were messing around, freestyling at the basketball court when we decided that we needed to do more with our talent. It  originally started as a random project, but then [we] started becoming more committed and involved with music.”

Exactly what kind of genre of music do you produce, and what makes it different from other music?
“[We produce] Hip-Hop. But not like what’s on the radio, but the more poetic and lyrical aspect of it.”

Who are your influences?
“Our influences range from A Tribe Called Quest,  The Cool Kids,  Mos Def,  to The Roots,  Wu-Tang, Common and plenty others.”

How often do you guys meet or record?
“We meet just about every day of the week after school, but will only record one of those days; and that’s if we’re lucky.”

What are your plans for the future as a group?
“Hopefully we’ll get more views on YouTube, and maybe get noticed by other MCs or producers, possibly get signed to labels, and eventually even pack stadiums and put out multi platinum albums. But on the slight chance all that doesn’t fall through, we’ll still make music. It’s a casual project. We’re artists with only the art form in mind. Publicity is always a plus though.”

To check out “The Movement” on YouTube, follow the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/hoodboygeek