Change doesn’t keep Jin Lin from assimilating to the U.S.

China is the country has most people in the world. There are about 14 billion people in China.

There are many other differences between U.S and China. The three most important different things are weather, school, and culture.

First the weather is so different from my country. In the U.S it is very cold, when

there is winter sometimes it will snow and I like to play with the snow very much. That will be the thing I will never see if I’m in Fuzho, a state of China. During the summer in U.S it is very hot; I wouldn’t live without the air conditioner. In China it would be a little bit cooler.  Also it has a lot of rain in the U.S. Sometimes it can rain all day long. China sometimes has 1 month without rain. That is why I really like the weather in U.S.

Next the schools are better than in my country. In U.S schools are new and big, it can accept many students at one school. The schools in China are old and don’t have gyms.The teachers in Chinese schools can hit the students who are not turning in homework. I really don’t like that, but the U.S teachers are very nice to every student. They are so much better than my country’s teachers. In the U.S we speak different languages, and I really like to speak U.S languages (like English). So I like studying more in U.S than in China.

Last the cultures are so difficult to learn in the U.S. In the U.S people show respect all the time. In China most people don’t do that even though they are wrong about something. It is just like the people in China, they don’t like to say “sorry” and “thank you”. People in the U.S have so much freedom, they can wear any kind of clothes they want to wear. In China we can’t do that. The most different thing here in the U.S we use different tools for eating, Sometimes it is kind of hard to do it, but I still would like to learn all the culture in the U.S.

U.S is one of the most wonderful places in the world. Even though there are many differences between my country and here. I still like to live in the U.S with my family. I will do my best to fix my accent and to learn everything in the U.S. I believe I will have a better life here than in China.

By Jin Lin

Special to The A-Blast