Students relieved as third quarter ends

As any quarter pulls to a close, teachers assign their last big projects and quickly grade the last of their papers, while students scramble to pull everything together before the big day. April 1 marked the last day of the third quarter, meaning any assignments or extra points that could be used to improve a student’s grade must already be submitted.

“This week has been really stressful because of last minute projects, makeup work and trying to get the best grade I can,” sophomore Gunnar Thompson said.

For some, this day is a relief, because the madness of the past week is over. For others, the end of the quarter means a bright outlook on fourth quarter and a blank slate.

“I’m happy because it was short but hard,” freshman Destiny Anderson said.

The third quarter is usually known as the hardest among students, not including seniors, because it is the pinnacle of the year in terms of assignments, workload and fatigue.

“Third quarter is the most stressful for turning in my work,” junior Sabrina Romano said.

The second quarter is still only midway into the year, and the fourth quarter brings the bright prospect of summer, so third quarter is the most dreaded one. Now, though, all students have to worry about is getting their report cards and beginning the last quarter of the year.

“I’m worried about my math and Spanish grades,” junior Stephenie Kyeremeh said.

All can agree, however, that the end of the next quarter will be better than this one because it will mean the beginning of summer.