How the bathroom sink really “went down”

Senior Bekah Zorn’s picture of the outside of the blocked off bathroom.
Senior Bekah Zorn's picture of the outside of the blocked off bathroom.

AHS has had its share of bizarre things that have happened over the years, but this one most definitely takes the cake. On a casual Monday morning, I was in one of the girl’s bathrooms when I suddenly turned the corner and saw a girl sitting on the sink. If this didn’t seem abnormal enough, though, just as she was posing for a picture, suddenly a loud scratching sound came from behind the wall and the next I knew both she and the sink were on the ground.

Water began dispersing out of the wall and before I could even fathom what had happened, the news of the “sinking sink” had already spread like wildfire around the school, caution tape and all.

I found it funny that the sink broke down the way that it did,” junior Jasmine Lee said. “And the caution tape all over the door made it even more hilarious.”

Some students, though, like junior Areeqa Khiji, did not find the news of the incident humorous. “I don’t like [what happened] because it was just a destruction of school property and that makes the school look bad,” she said.

The girl who had been sitting on the sink did report what had happened to the office after it happened, thus presenting the reason why the bathroom has been blocked off with yellow caution tape and a handwritten sign that reads “The sink fell out of the wall. DO NOT TOUCH PLEASE” since the incident occurred yesterday.

Only at AHS…” senior Bekah Zorn posted on Facebook with a picture of the blocked off bathroom.

So, please, AHS, for all of our sakes, don’t sit on the sinks.