PTSA uses social media devices to promote 2012’s All Night Grad party

The PTSA is encouraging all seniors attending the All Night Grad party on June 14 to become involved in planning the event through social networking devices. Through FaceBook and Twitter, such as the group “Annandale HS All Night Grad” and #AHSAllNightGrad, seniors are being asked to “pick their playlist for the night, submit tattoo designs and play to win free raffle tickets and other prizes before the party even starts.”

“The PTSA wanted to use the best ways to reach our 2012 seniors so they don’t miss out on this terrific all-nighter, just because they didn’t know about it,” PTSA member Kim Wright said. “We know that most of our 2012 seniors are on Facebook and Twitter so it just makes sense to reach them through those channels.”

The All Night Grad party will uphold its usual tradition of being held at Audrey Moore RECenter at Wakefield Park the night of graduation. After seniors walk down the aisle of Constitution Hall in their red cap and gowns and receive their diplomas after four years of hard work, those who purchased tickets to the traditional after party will head over to Wakefield for a night of rock climbing, karaoke, and many other interactive activities.

In order to get students involved in planning the event, the official FaceBook page for the party has posted an online forum where seniors can post what songs they would like to hear throughout the night of the party. “We Are Young” by Fun is already one of the most popular songs requested, though only 20 seniors have liked the page already.

“Graduation marks the end of one phase of our students’ lives and the beginning of another,” Wright said. “The All Night Grad party gives them a great night where they can come together as a group one more time and celebrate their graduation together in the biggest all-nighter they’ll ever have.”

Visit the Annandale PTSA website to order tickets for the party online or download the order form to write a check.