Filament hosts annual coffeehouse

Annie Nguyen
Several students played guitar and sang in duets.

Clausen Hall hosted the Filament’s annual coffeehouse on Nov. 14. Sponsored by English teacher Kathleen Mathis, the Filament organized their first major fundraiser of the year. The Filament is an after school club that makes a magizine filled with poetry and art created by AHS students.

“Coffee House is a fundraiser but also an event that lets students showcase their many talents,” said Mathis. “I am very proud of my students.”

During this event, students ranged in their talent variety. Kaitlin Martindale played the guitar while she sang a song she wrote. Students J.C Clark and Austin Costello did a drum and bass duet.

“We did decent considering we had little time to practice together,” said Costtello.

“We will do this again because we enjoyed playing together and liked showing our talent,” said Clark.

All the seats were filled and most of the baked goods were sold.

“This was one of the best turnouts in a long time so i am very pleased,” said Mathis.

Because Coffee House was such a sucess the Filament will be having another fundraiser this March. So if you enjoy listening to talented students while eating delicious baked goods, come support the Filament this March at the next coffeehouse fundraiser.