Odd scholarship links

www.bevnet.com
Dr. Pepper offers a large amount of money for a video.

Want to learn more about the scholarships from this issue? Here they are, just click on the title.

Some of the scholarship deadlines are over , but most recycle each year.

1. Tall People Scholarship

It can be said that taller people have a harder life to live. They have to slouch down, their bed just seems too small, but now they can be awarded up to 1000 dollars if they qualify for the tall people scholarship. For women to qualify they must be at least 5’10 and men must be at least 6’2. There is also a short people scholarship.

2. Dr. Pepper Tuition:

This is a fairly easy scholarship to apply for. Every year, Dr. Pepper lets students make a video on anything about why they should win the contest. There is no real set deadline except that the video must be sent in from June to November.

3. Twitter Scholarship

Like in almost every high school in this country, twitter is a popular website used by millions. Now students have a chance to win money for using their twitter. That doesn’t mean by posting random tweets. Students have to post news updates and be interactive. The purpose of this is to show that people can change the world with a few words.

4. National Peace Essay Contest

If you like writing essays and trying to think of solutions for conflicts then you should consider entering this contest. The winner of this contest will be judged by their writing skills and how well they reason. All students have to do is write about how international peace should be resolved.

5. Stuck at Prom Duct Tape Scholarship:

Students who love working with their hands and wearing unique outfits will love this scholarship. A couple has to make their own outfist just from duct tape, including accessories. People who are going to prom alone can still enter but they will only recieve an honorable mention. The winner gets up to 5000 dollars.

6. Chick and Sophie Major Memorial Duck Calling Contest

Since 1936, Stuttgart Chamber of Commerce in Stuttgart, Arkansas has been awarding high school students who can call ducks the best 2,000 dollars. The first three runner-ups will also recieve money ranging from 500-1000 dollars. The students have to use four different calls such as mating, hail, mating and feed.

7. Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship

Students who are vegetarians can qualify for this scholarship if they raise awareness of vegetarianism in their community. The two winners will get 5,000 dollars. Applicants have to submit an essay that requires students to say how they promoted vegetarianism.

8. American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program:

This is a fairly easy scholarship for seniors to do.  All they have to do is read an essay about fire sprinklers and answer 10 question quiz, which is open note. The winner can recieve up to 20,000 dollars, the only drawback is that students only have one chance.

9.  American Association of Candy Technologists John Kitt Memorial Scholarship:

Students who want to major in a food science and have a GPA of over three, then they should consider applying for this scholarship. However students have to wait until they are in college and  are over a sophomore. Students also have to want to be the confectionery technology.