Softball places 5th

Girls softball concluded its regular season Thursday, May 12. The girls beat South County on their senior night, bringing their season to a close with a winning record of 10-8. They placed fifth overall in the Patriot District.

Junior varsity’s record displays a disappointing season. However, most of the players were happy with how their season went.

“From our record it doesn’t seem like we did well but we really grew as a team. We’ve been playing better and we’ve won some games and we get along,” sophomore Kylie Reagan said.

The varsity softball senior night was a big success. Junior varsity played district rival South County twice, in two, one-hour games due to a make-up game from earlier on in the season.

Although JV lost both games they played well. After a stressful game, Varsity came out on top with a score of 3-1.

“Many of the players haven’t ever beaten South County,” freshman Jocelyn Hotter said. This made the game a  huge win for varsity.

“The senior night was really fun; we decorated and gave them gifts. The game was really good and we ended up winning; it was a really great way for the seniors to go out,” junior Kayla Meadows said.The seniors were introduced before the game and received gifts and balloons. They also had the pleasure of making the underclassmen wear shirts which read ‘inferior’ on them during the school day.

“We celebrated our win by having a cookout the next day instead of practice,” sophomore Shannon Casey said.
Varsity softball is content with the conclusion of their season and looking forward to beginning its district games.