March Madness 2024 brackets start up

March Madness 2024 brackets start up

2024’s March Madness starts March 19. This is an annual tournament hosted by the NCAA where 68 teams in the NCAA come to compete for the title.

The first round starts with the top teams playing the lowest teams. This idea suggests that the top seed team has the easiest start to this tournament as they are playing the worst team in all of the tournament and the second best team plays the second lowest ranked team and so on.

With this well known event, there comes what’s called a bracket. This bracket is a fun way fans engage with March Madness. You fill out the bracket that has a list of each of the arranged first match ups, and from there you pick who is going to win and keep moving on all the way until the final game. The final championship game you are to not only pick the teams you think will match, but the score of the championship game. Which is picking your winner along with how much they win by.

Each year many fill out this bracket with friends or family similar to that of fantasy football. Lots of times there is money involved which makes you try and really think about the teams you pick to win and guess the upsets you think may occur.

Junior Jakob McElveen said, “I made a bracket this year and I am doing it with some family friends. We put some money in it to make it interesting and I plan to come away with some.”

In the history of the event, nobody has once filled out a perfect bracket for aMarch Madness according to the NCAA. 

Junior Ike Readinger said, “Nobody has ever won but each time I fill it out I always think maybe I will be the first to win it all.

You are allowed to make multiple brackets with various different outcomes, however the chances of winning are nowhere near on your side and remain extremely small given there are 9.2 quintillion different outcomes March Madness can have.

Be on the lookout for the start of the tournament and make your bracket. Who knows maybe you can be the first to win it all. To fill out a bracket look here: https://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/bracket