Students think about what comes in store this quarter

acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com
Second quarter is behind students now. AHS students have to think about improving in the third quarter.

A few days ago was the start of the third quarter, and students are beginning to think about what will come.

Third quarter can be one of the hardest time because we are in the middle of the school year and teachers are trying to instruct a lot of content before testing starts in March.
Second quarter left AHS students tired from the regular routine.

Second quarter ended abruptly from a weather inclement and some students still had to either turn in work or take tests and quizzes.

The end of the quarter is always a time when students become stressed about their grades. Many attempt to pick up their grade by turning in late work or persuading teachers to bump up their grade a few points. However now, students have a fresh start.

“I did good except in French and i’ll try to get an A,” freshman Leif Jomuad said.

During the first quarter, teachers probably were not as harsh and a bit more sympathetic, now, that we have made it to the third quarter and the expectations are higher than they were a few months ago.
It is vital to keep up with your grades, if they have been to your liking.

There is still enough time to for those who haven’t been getting the best grades. If students give an extra effort for the last months of school, their final grade can drastically turn around.
What to keep in mind this quarter is to keep on top of your school work and not get apathetic about school.

“My grades went down a little bit, but not by  much. I’m hoping to all A’s this quarter,” sophomore Lisa King said.

It can be very tempting to long for summer break, but stick with a more reasonable goal, like Spring Break.

“I just can’t wait until we have another long break,” sophomore Christina Gomez said.