Take a Second Look

Hasib Iqbal

“While at AHS I have shown people that I don’t care, I’m loud and I’m happy. I do my own thing and you can appreciate or you can hate,” said Iqbal.

Although he failed to claim the crown at Homecoming and fell short in the race for Mr. Annandale, Iqbal continues to top the charts in the social realm. Iqbal has been nominated for numerous school superlatives and can be recognized as the voice behind the spirit of AHS. He has assisted with social events like “Twerkfest”, been a player on varsity basketball, and has dropped beats in the studio for his fans to enjoy.

Anthony Ayeah

Aside from playing basketball for AHS and being one of the tallest students in the hall, Ayeah has definitely livened up the social scene. He is one of the main promoters for “Twekfest”, an event held at local lounges and clubs for high school students interested in music and dancing.

He ensures that everyone has a great time while also making sure the crowds are safe. His natural ability to attract peers to events and his knack for keeping large crowds under control has earned him his prominent position in the social world of AHS.

Joe Turner

Turner is the voice that is heard at most school events. His joyful and outgoing personality always liven up the AHS crowd.Yet, on the court, Turner never fails to keep the crowd going.

His participation on the basketball team all four years of his high school career have been vital. Whether it’s getting the student body pumped during a pep rally or playing the sport he loves, he is always on top of his game.

Tony Marealle

Have you wondered who could possibly organize an event that over 300 students from AHS attend? Well, Marealle is your man. He has organized the numerous “Twerkfests” and “Battle of the Clappaz”, events that get entire dance floors pumped.

His ability to organize hoppin’ events and success in drawing in such a diverse crowd can be  accredited to his lovable personality.  Aside from party planning, Marealle is a great musician and often hits the studio to make tracks that his many fans enjoy on Facebook.

Peter Pham

“I changed the fashion scene at AHS. People know me and my high fashion is recognizable through the halls,” said Pham.
Pham’s passion for fashion has influenced a lot of students in AHS . His fly kicks and fresh outfits have made him stand out in the crowded hallways. As the years have passed, an increase of students have attempted to replicate Pham’s stylish  wardrobe. It certainly is not rare to see underclassmen sporting the same styles that Pham wore to the last large school event. Whether it is another Monday at school or a varsity basketball game, Pham is always dressed in the newest styles.