Student spotlight: Sherief Beshara

Student spotlight: Sherief Beshara

Senior Sherief Beshara is an not only an IB candidate, but he also manages to include himself in a variety of activities, in and out of school. He maintains a 3.9 unweighted GPA, while currently enrolled in a plethora of IB style classes: IB Physics 2 HL, IB French 2 HL, IB English 2 HL, IB Theory of Knowledge, IB Geography, IB Business and managemenT, and finally IB Math Studies Pt 1. Outside of the classroom, Beshara enjoys participating in AHS sports, such as cross country, swim and dive, track and field, and weight training. Other than in sports, Beshara still makes himself known through clubs and extracurricular activities. You can find him at the Science National Honor Society, Math Honors Society, Just World, STAND, FCA, and working as one of the few students behind the Friday Morning DJ system. Where can you see him outside of AHS? The Holocaust Museum Young Ambassador, American Legion Boys State, Volunteering at Braddock Baptist Church, and at the Leadership Seminars at George Washington University. It might seem difficult to be involved in sports, IB classes, clubs, and out of school activities, but Beshara stays successful by “making sure that I have my priorities straight, and working hard and not getting scared of life challenges.”