First Netflix music competition to take place

Rappers Cardi B, T.I. and Chance the Rapper set to make appearances

New+Netflix+competition+%22Rhythm+and+Flow%22+set+to+begin+in+the+new+year.+++

New Netflix competition

New Netflix competition "Rhythm and Flow" set to begin in the new year.

Dilan Yousif, Staff Writer

Netflix’s first music competition, “Rhythm + Flow” is set to debut in 2019. The competition will feature rappers Cardi B, T.I. and Chance the Rapper.

The three rappers will serve as judges on the hip-hop competition series to choose talented and undiscovered artists. Cardi B, T.I. and Chance the Rapper are the main judges, but Netflix announced that more rappers will serve as guest judges.

This series is being executive produced by EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony) award winner John Legend.

The series will consist of ten, one hour episodes. Auditions for any talented and unsigned people will begin this fall within cities across the country.

The three rappers announced the news on social media this month.

Cardi B promoted the news on Instagram with the caption, “We looking for a star and it’s gonna be like nothing you ever seen!”

Chance the Rapper wrote that the trio is looking for “unsigned, dedicated and ready” hip-hop artists. He also provided a website, http://rhythmandflowauditions.com/, that has more information for anyone interested in auditioning.

T.I. also said in an Instagram video, “I ain’t really gonna talk you to death about this, but I’m going to let you know it’s going to be a different approach from anything you’ve ever seen before.”

“I’m very excited to see my favorite artists working together to find new talent,” sophomore Nargis Tafwiz said. “This is something very different that Netflix is putting out and I’m excited to see how it turns out.”

Dilan Yousif, Staff Writer

Dilan Yousif is in her first year on the A-blast as a staff writer. In her free time she likes to watch Netflix, hang out with friends and family,...