Rebecca Black has the “Friday” blues

Who does not love Friday? But is it really necessary to have an entire song focused around the lyrics “It’s Friday, Friday, Friday gotta get down on Friday”?

In Rebecca Black’s new single “Friday”, she sings about how “everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend”. The remainder of the video includes Black trying to decide which seat in the car she should take while driving around with her friends.

The video has received almost 30 million views since it was posted in February.

The audience should be able to relate to the lyrics of songs, but with this song the viewers feel that the words are repetitive and too simple.

“I think the video is unrealistic because the kids in it look too young to be driving around,” sophomore Julia Copenhaver said.

However, others seem to like the catchy tune and the song is now available for purchase on iTunes. Black is even organizing her own tour that will stop at Fair Oaks Mall May 3.

“I’m going to see her at Fair Oaks because I’m Rebecca Black’s biggest fan,” sophomore Rabeeah Raza said.

Black recently went on “Good Morning America” to talk about her recent burst of fame. “When I first saw all the nasty comments [that people wrote about my song], I did cry … I don’t think I’m the worst singer, but I don’t think I’m the best,” she said.

Black’s mother paid Ark Music Factory $2,000 for the song “Friday” along with the production of the music video. Ark Music Factory has produced other videos of aspiring teen artists.

“I think that parents are trying too hard to make their kids famous and fame may have a negative impact on kids anyways,” junior Micaela Filsoof.

“[Black] inspires me to be an artist. If she can do it, I can do it,” Raza said.